
Day I:
Like what I told Zara, I have no idea how to even begin to write about the events that unfolded last night. It was too fun, too revealing, too quirky, and too ... R-rated? LoL.
My Friday's text to Zara read: "Alam ko na may asawa ka na. Alam ko na may anak ka na. Pero gimik tayo tomorrow night from 8-12mn. Eastwood. May driver tayo! First and last time ito. Sige na." Knowing me well enough to have heard the desperation through the words I sent, she agreed to accompany me without any hesitation or excuses. Walang pahirapan! Game agad! Yan ang kaibigan na maasahan! HaHa!
After being dropped off in Libis by the relatives, Zara and I had to undergo a major test: to cross the very busy E. Rodriguez Avenue. Granted that this was the very first time in sooo many weeks that I've actually been out of the house on a weekend (besides going to church), I guess I was willing to do anything to make the situation work out including risking my life.
As if we were trying to re-live our elementary school days, we held hands like second graders do. Actually, no, I grasped her hands really tightly and she couldn't do anything about it. HeHe. She also made sure to get in front of me. No, she wasn't trying to be brave or put her life on the line for me, she was just smart enough not to let the dumb girl get ran over dahil konsensya pa niya yan! HaHa! With my reflective, bling-bling gimik clothes to warn traffic, we managed to cross the road unharmed and as beautiful as ever. Pucha, kaninong website ito?! Ang kapal nung nagsusulat eh! HaHa!
After an artery-clogging dinner and realizing that shopping is not in our immediate agenda, we decided to spend the next 4.5 hours sitting on our butts and talking the night away. It made me realize that there are just some things that cannot be said via 15 years' worth of snail mail. Such topics are:
- Anatomy (*ahem)
- Psychotic exes of exes
- The color white (*ahem)
- Quarter life crisis and its "side effects"
- Extra-curricular activities of our friends (*ahem)
*SIGH. I had a lot of fun. This was definitely a moment to remember (Tissue, please! LoL). And to all the single, 25-30 year-old males of this country, thank Zara. Before you go to bed tonight, just go ahead and say thanks quietly. If you're lucky, you'll know why later on. ;P
Day II:
As if getting home at 2 a.m. wasn't enough, we still spent today together. I had lunch with Zara, Zara's mom, sisters, and nephews, and as always, I was feeling like a part of the family again. Matagal na nga akong nagpapaampon pero ayaw ni Tita. LoL. Afterwards, we spent a couple of hours at the salon. Chismisan kagabi at parlor today...babae nga kami! HeHe.
And, just like last night, Zara taught me another thing today: how to ride an "FX." Sis, napaka-masa ng mga lessons mo! LoL. Kulang na lang manood tayo ng Lovestruck. HaHa! So there, I can ride another public transportation vehicle AND cross a national road! Trying to be (and acting like) a local has never been this easy! Naks!
Celebrity sighting of the weekend: John and CamillePratts
No comments:
Post a Comment