So you could just imagine how much pain I'm going through right now: I still have three more weeks until my resignation date of March 4. Just trying to get past this first week was hard enough so I don't know how I will survive the next three. I thought, "Hey, we're updating our visitor's guide, let me stick around to help out since we already lost one person in the office." Well, I should've known that a little bit of selfishness goes a long, long way. People, save me!
Anyway, since we're on this topic already and I need to create a love-related post, here we go. Contrary to popular belief, I don't get bitter at this time of the year. Really, I don't. Most of the time, I just get pissy. Why? Because during this time of the year, I get a letter, an e-mail, an instant message, a guestbook entry, just something from someone from my past. On Saturday, I received such a thing. People, I truly believe that there are A LOT of people in this world. In the Philippines alone, there's an overpopulation problem, okay? I'm sure you can find a new friend somewhere, somehow. We don't need to rekindle anything. Please don't contact me because it's a waste of time. Like I said many times before, I may be single, but I'm not desperate. Most importantly, I'm not dumb enough to go back to someone who didn't know how to value a good thing when he had it.
And because I finally ignored what was going on her music video and was able to read the lyrics on MYX to appreciate the song, let me dedicate it to those who may have been affected by today's entry:
Don't Want To Be Your Friend
by Nina
I don't wanna see your face
I don't wanna hear your name
I don't want anything
Just stay away baby
Don't wanna know if you're alright
Or what you're doin' with your life
Don't wanna hear that you'll stay in touch maybe
I'll get just fine
So if you're goin' then darlin' goodbye, goodbye
Don't call me in the middle of the night no more
Don't expect me to be there
Don't think that it will be the way it was before
And I don't think I care
I'm not over you yet
And I don't want to be your friend
I'll forget we ever met
I'll forget I ever let
Ever let you into this heart of mine baby
You just gotta let me be
You gotta keep away from me
'cause all I want to be is just free of you baby
Don't you come around
And say you still care about me
Go now, go now
Don't call me in the middle of the night...
You take it casually, and that's what's killing me
I'll get by just fine
So if you're goin' then darlin' goodbye, goodbye
Don't call me in the middle of the night no more
Don't expect me to be there
Don't think that it will be the way it was before
No, no baby
Don't call me in the middle of the night no more
I don't want to be your friend
Don't think that it will be the way it was before
I don't want to be your friend...
-end of song
No comments:
Post a Comment