Sunday, February 27, 2005

Ditz Is as Ditz Does

Pen mentioned to me that my entries have been more serious in nature these days. Kids, I only have one thing to say: I'm growing up. Note that I did not say I'm getting old; I said I'm growing up. When you start receiving/writing emails with such topics as birth control pills and marital problems, you know you're not twelve anymore. LoL.

But just because I'm growing up, it doesn't mean that I don't have "my moments." I'm here to declare that we, as humans, are allowed one ditzy mishap per year. Someone had already lost his moped key the other day *cough. Someone yesterday had already mistakenly thought that she had locked herself out of her office *cough. Today, it was my turn to be a ditz.

I called a landlord asking if I could see the place today after work. So after 1 p.m., I drove down to Madrona. I circled the hill three times (yes, in Seattle, you can circle a hill!), but couldn't find the specific house number. So, I pulled over and called on my cell (oh, so it does come in handy afterall!). The landlord said it's the house across the street from the house that I initially saw. I said I would be there in like 2 seconds. So, I drove up that darn hill again, but I swear I couldn't see that darn house! Dammit!

If the place is still available by next weekend, I'll have my sister-in-law call. I fell in love with the location. I can walk around Lake Washington, have a spectacular view of the water, hang out at Starbucks with my laptop *ahem, take dance classes at Spectrum...but the commute is going to be a *bleep to work. That last one is a biggie and that's why I'm trying to convince myself to not get emotionally attached to the area. *SIGH.

It also turned out that Boss #2 is renting out her basement so I got to see it today. Hardwood floors, nice view of the water, washer/dryer, stove/refrigerator, utilities paid...and my nice boss will be my landlord. BUT, in reality, the place is small. The closet is too small even for someone like me who has a small wardrobe. Then, there's no counterspace in the kitchen, and the place is still far from work. *SIGH.

So out of depression, I went to Half-Price Books on Capitol Hill. I was hoping to find books on graphic design, but instead, I came away with:

1. Investing for Dummies
Pen said that I need to stop asking people for information and just read about it. Fine, Twin!

2. A Lesson Before Dying
One of those books that I actually enjoyed reading for class in college.

Anyway, five more working days at Job #1, people! Please drink sake, San Mig, or a Bud for me on Friday! I'll try to do the same with milk. HaHa!

No comments:

Post a Comment