Sunday, February 20, 2005

With This Tax Bracket, I Thee Wed

I think I have finally found one very good reason to get married and procreate.

$854. That's two 40GB iPods. That's one Adobe Creative Suite package. That's a whole lot of dance classes. That's a round-trip ticket to Manila during the off-peak season plus money for Kamiseta. Unfortunately, that's also how much money I owe the IRS this year.

Is it my fault that I am a hardworking individual *ahem* and worked two jobs this past year? Is it my fault that I didn't get married this past year?! Is it my fault that I didn't give birth to a very cute kid this past year?! Is it my fault that I chose to live with my loving parents *ahem again* instead of moving out?! Is it my fault that I chose to work my butt off during college instead of owing student loans after I got out?! Then why, oh why, do I owe Tito Sam $854 this year? And if he's such a great uncle, why the heck is he asking me for money when he doesn't give me money during Christmas?

Then, I keep thinking, is this how it's going to be from now on? If I stay single forever, will this amount keep increasing over time? Why does everyone, including the government, care about my being single?! Grrr! LoL.

*SIGH. Talk about a major blow to my otherwise wonderful weekend. If I'm still mad tomorrow, I might have to get myself a gift (See, this is what happens when you don't have anyone to run to! LoL). If the IRS is getting a check that equals two iPods, don't I deserve at least one iPod? Or I could just marry Christian, right? Right? HeHe.

No comments:

Post a Comment