Tuesday, February 15, 2005

For No One

Another year has passed. Once again, I'm a stronger woman because of it. ;P

Did any of you watch The Buzz on Sunday? People in Manila, I know for a fact that most of you have enough connections to be able to get Papa Christian to sing to me on my birthday this year just like what he did for Kris. I also want him to tell me what his birthday wish is for me and in turn, ask me what my birthday wish is, to which I shall reply, "To marry you!" Make it happen, people! You have 6 months! LoL.

And to alleviate myself from all the anger I felt when I read my future brother-in-law's Feb. 14 entry, here I go...

Where in those 8 stages of being single does "acceptance" fall under? To tell you the truth, I think I've gone through those 8 stages many times already and now I'm in the acceptance stage. There comes a point in one's life when you have to hold your hands up and say, "I surrender." Of course, I was crying when I did that, but hey, let's not go into the nitty gritty details! LoL.

There's really no one. People don't believe me, but really, there's no one. Trust me. For someone who works 7 days a week, that's not surprising, but even if I tried to mix business with pleasure, there's really no one to meet through work. Through family, I don't have the same taste as my cousins here so that's out of the picture. Through friends, all of them have moved away so anyone they would know would be from out-of-state as well. Sure, a date or two in Manila will happen, but reality-wise, those boys won't be able to move to Seattle to be with me...especially not with the tighter immigration laws since 9/11. LoL.

Crush-wise, out of all showbiz personalities in this whole world (Bayong and Ken Zhu included!), Christian is really the only one I would consider dating in real life (How many times do I have to declare this on my website! LoL). And it's not really him per se, but just the qualities about him. If I could just find "The Basics" in a man here in Seattle, I would be all set.

My point is simply (for the record!) that I don't feel any bitterness, anger, cynicism, or desperation. If there was any possibility that there was a guy in Seattle who have all the qualities that I'm looking for, then maybe, I would feel those emotions.

You can't really do much if you don't have anything to work with. You can't build a castle if there is no sand. You can't find something that doesn't exist. Hence, you just have to accept the situation as it is and try to make do with what you do have...in this case, me, myself, and I. But it doesn't mean that I can't sing lipsync my heart out when this song comes on:

Love Song for No One
by John Mayer

Staying home alone on a Friday
Flat on the floor looking back
On old love
Or lack thereof
After all the crushes are faded
And all my wishful thinking was wrong
I'm jaded
I hate it
I'm tired of being alone
So hurry up and get here
So tired of being alone
So hurry up and get here

Searching all my days just to find you
I'm not sure who I'm looking for
I'll know it
When I see you
Until then, I'll hide in my bedroom
Staying up all night just to write
A love song for no one

I'm tired of being alone
So hurry up and get here
So tired of being alone
So hurry up and get here

I could have met you in a sandbox
I could have passed you on the sidewalk
Could I have missed my chance
And watched you walk away?

I'm tired of being alone
So hurry up and get here
So tired of being alone
So hurry up and get here
You'll be so good
You'll be so good for me

-end of sawi entry

No comments:

Post a Comment