Monday, August 8, 2005

This Is Me...Now

Who needs Friendster when you have Kuya Heinz? Check out his latest entry regarding the best topic of all time. HaHa!

Anyway, I don't have any plans today so I have time to finally emote and think about things. Yes, I'm here in Manila to find myself. However, these days, it has a different meaning. Judging by the events of last week, mukhang nawawala nga ako sa sarili. Let me enumerate:

1. Gimik everyday
I spent two months spending my days having Krung Krung marathons and chatting with Pen from May to July. During the past week, you would have been extremely lucky to find me at home between the hours of 9:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.

2. Texting
It is common knowledge that I hate cellphones. I hate it so much that my "Seattle cellphone" looks brand spanking new even after some eight months simply because I don't use it in Seattle. In the past week in Manila, I used my “Manila cellphone” more than Papa. The horror! HaHa! And, get this, I even want a new cellphone for my birthday! I can’t believe it either. LoL.

3. Networking
I'm not "ma-PR" by nature. I hate schmoozing and seeking attention from other people that I don’t want attention from. Well, in the last week, I had to be the ice breaker and carry conversations throughout lunch while mingling with the TV people at Westin. I had to dispatch my antipatika side everyday and I lived through it! LoL.

4. Hanging out with the cousins/friends
Eventhough my cousins in Seattle and I live about two minutes away from eachother, we could go on for years not seeing one another. In Manila, I seek constant attention from my cousins. Nagtatampo talaga ako kapag hindi ako pinapansin at nilalabas. LoL.

5. Dating and all its sub-elements
During her long-distance phone call on Saturday morning, Pen made sure to say, "Sis, ang haba ng hair mo!" My cousin even had to explain to me the dos and don'ts of dating in Manila. Trust me, it's quite different from what we do in Seattle. For one, you have to pay attention to what kind of shoes you wear. In a land full of guys averaging 5'6" in height, it turns out that your heels can be a weapon of intimidation. HeHe.

6. Hatid-Sundo
I'm not used to it whether it's performed by a driver or a significant other. I've been driving myself to places with my own car ever since I turned 16. Nowadays, I have to let people know when and where I should be picked up. I'm even at the mercy of the family driver's curfew now!

7. Asking for permission
"Who are you going with?", "How did you meet him/her?", "How old is he/she?", "How long have you known him/her?", "Where are you guys going?", "What time will you be home?" are only a few questions that I have to answer before (or after) I could actually venture out to the outside world. I feel like I’m on my first date every single time I’m going out. Finally, my 16-year-old-looking face can act like one! HaHa!

8. Being the center of attention
Eventhough I’m a Leo and the youngest child, I hate being the center of attention unless I’m performing on stage. Now that I’m a balikbayan and even looking for work in Manila, the spotlight is always on me and I have to deal with it. Puwede na ninyo akong iupo sa tabi ni Boy Abunda at ipa-interview! LoL.

9. Looking for companionship
Ever since I swore off dating during the first year of college, I learned to watch movies alone, eat out alone, go shopping alone, etc. These days, I find it “corny” to be alone and always have check to see if someone could accompany me to wherever I’m going. ::enter mental image of MiNA, taking a banana boat ride alone in Boracay:: LoL. I don’t want to be alone anymore! HaHa!

10. DSL-seeker
I’m now a dial-up snob! HaHa! Although, right now, I am using a prepaid internet card and unlike in 2002, the speed is quite decent! It can now rival dial-up in the States! Yahoo! I mean, Yehey! (Okay, that was corny. HeHe!)

So yes, I’m not my usual self these days. Maybe it’s for the better, but who knows, right? Pen, baka mamaya, hindi na kita twin! Oh no! LoL.

No comments:

Post a Comment