Sunday, August 7, 2005

We're Just Friends

Agenda #1: Trip around S.E. Asia and the Philippines alone
Comment: "If it were my sister, I wouldn't let her go."
Solution: Get a boyfriend so you have someone to go with.

Agenda #2: Lose weight
Comment: "Hindi dumadaan yung driver sa may Robinson's. Sa likod sila dumadaan."
Solution: Get a boyfriend so he can drive you to the gym and back.

Agenda #3: Find a job in advertising or media
Comment: "Ang layo kung magcocommute ka to Makati!"
Solution: Get a boyfriend so sabay kayong uuwi.

The independent woman facade is slowly crashing down, people. Yan ang nangyayari kapag naiwan mo ang kotse mo sa isang bansa at hindi mo mabitbit! LoL. Pero seriously, bakit bumabalik lahat sa lovelife yung solusyon ng mga problema ko? I don't like! (Kunwari pa! HaHa!)

On Friday, Kuya Heinz and I finally met after two (or three?) years. Naks, hindi na sa e-mail ang counseling sessions ngayon, in real life na! LoL. Galing ko naman, akin yung problema, pero ibang tao ang nagsosolve! Kuya, you're simply the best! ::dodging lightning:: LoL.

Ikukuwento ko pa ba kung anong nangyari nung hinatid ako sa bahay? HaHa! I was thinking, by the time I got home, the gate would be closed and Kuya H and I would spend some 10 minutes honking the horn para may magbukas sa akin. Well, when we pulled up, the gate was open and there were some 10 cars in the driveway. Sabi tuloy ni Kuya H, "O, madami naman palang kotse dito, humingi ka na lang!" Then, I looked over to the garage: there were the titos and titas plus some family friends, having dinner al fresco. Sabi ko, "Kuya! Huwag ka nang bumaba! Please lang! Okay lang ako." Well, maybe I was not in touch with how things are done in this country dahil bumaba pa rin si Kuya H (who doesn't know how to listen ha! LoL). When we approached the garage, silent ang lahat so of course, I had to make introductions. Buti na lang, defensive si Kuya and he said, "I have to go. I still have to pick up my wife." But did that keyword stop the relatives from firing questions at me after Kuya left? Of course not! That's what relatives are for! Tsk. Tsk.

Then, yesterday, Tet, Pogs, Donald, and Doris and I ate dinner at Shangri-La. I swear, bentang-benta ngayon ang Shangri-La sa akin: three times in one week! So really, how the heck am I going to lose weight while I'm here when eating seems to be the usual activity kapag lumalabas ng bahay?! And don't even ask me kung ilang beses na akong nakapunta ng Starbucks since I arrived here last Thursday. LoL.

No comments:

Post a Comment