Wednesday, August 10, 2005

To Be

I spent another day in U.P. today. I don’t know what it is, but whenever I’m hanging out at Quezon Hall, I’m loud and obnoxious – maybe I just feel at home in the company of Belle and the rest of her officemates. HaHa!

True to her words, Belle and I ate at Chocolate Kiss for lunch. I could’ve done without the soup and entrée; the mocha butter crème cake for dessert was all I needed. Heaven! Later on, I was also able to eat fishballs after 15 long years! Ang mga likes and dislikes ko talaga, o! HaHa!

Just like in 2002, Belle made me ride the Ikot/Toki going to/from our destinations. She never allows me to take a taxi whenever I’m inside the U.P. campus. Gusto yata akong magka-asthma talaga nito.

Anyway, U.P. is probably the closest thing to attending college in the U.S. for the simple fact that you can wear whatever and be whoever you want to be in U.P. Screw name-branded clothes and expensive cars. I’m sure there are even people in U.P. who wear their pajamas to class -- the attire of choice by classmates during a 7:30 a.m. Philosophy class at Seattle University freshman year. Man, those were the days!

You know, I just realized that it’s weird that I came to Manila to find myself. It’s weird because being an individual isn’t really the norm around here. People are more concerned with what people think about them rather than being the person that they want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment